We borrowed this recipe from our friends at WISCONSINCHEESE.COM because it looks delicious and we HAVE to try it. We suggest using our Farmers Market Sharp Cheddar, or if you’re a REAL bacon lover, you can also go with the Farmers Market BACON CHEDDAR block!
Bacon-Beer Cheddar Stuffing
- 16 oz pretzel bread cut into 1-inch cubes (9-10 cups)
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp butter cubed
- 1 cup beer
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place bread in a single layer on two rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toasted, turning once. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sauté celery and onion in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium; pour in beer. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from the heat. Stir in bacon and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk chicken broth and egg in a large bowl. Add bread cubes and bacon mixture; toss until well coated. Fold in beer cheddar. Spoon into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for 15-20 minutes longer or until top is golden brown.