Thanks to our friends at WISCONSINCHEESE.COM, we’re excited to share another amazing recipe. This crumbly, creamy aged cheddar has a sharp flavor that’s just beginning to mature. It’s great for melting. Serve it on a cheese plate, too, paired with jam or fruit and a bold red wine. This recipe is a perfect match for our Farmer’s Market Cheddar, but you can always get brave with some of our other flavors as well. Get them here: https://delidirect.com/product/farmers-market-wisconsin-cheese-blocks-4-pack/
Barbecue Chicken Potato Skins
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter cubed and melted
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple canned tidbits or cubed fresh
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 8 oz Farmers Market Cheddar Cheese Shredded and divided
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- sour cream
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Place on an ungreased 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Rub with olive oil. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Cool potatoes on a wire rack.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out center pulp, leaving each half with a 1/4-inch shell. Save potato pulp for a different recipe
- Brush both sides of potato skins with butter; season with salt and pepper. Place potatoes cut side up on pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine the chicken, barbecue sauce, pineapple, red onion and 1 cup cheddar in a bowl.
- Spoon chicken mixture into potato shells; return to the pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Broil for 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and edges are crisp. Top with green onions and sour cream.