If you love meat, cheese, and condiments the way we do, we imagine you probably appreciate a good cuban sandwich every once in a while. We found this GREAT recipe for this lunch standby, but we’ve substituted a few of our favorite ingredients. We HIGHLY suggest pairing this delicious treat with a BLOODY MARY made from our amazing BLOODY MARY KIT!
Cuban Sandwich Recipe
Not your every day ham and cheese! A CUBAN is a sandwich typically made with two kinds of pork (ham and roast pork), Swiss cheese, yellow mustard, sliced pickles and sometimes salami, depending on whether your from the GULF coast, or ATLANTIC coast of Florida, the sandwich's alleged birth place. The CUBAN is then served on a flattened toasted panini style roll.
Servings 1 Sandwich
- 1 loaf Cuban Bread Substitute French or Italian bread
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard Traditionalists say yellow mustard, but try a spicy brown mustard to add some zing to your sandwich.
- 1 lb Roast Pork, Pulled Pork, or Sliced Pork Tenderloin
- 1 lb Sliced glazed ham
- 4 oz Swiss Cheese
- 4 oz Dick's Perky Pickles
- Slice loaf of bread
- Spread Butter and Mustard on bread
- Pile pork, ham, cheese, and dicks perky pickles on bottom bread
- Replace top bread on sandwich
- Butter outside of sandwich
- Grill sandwich on both sides for 5 to 6 minutes pressing with panini press or pan. Grill until cheese melts and bread is golden brown.
This recipe was inspired by a version found at chilipeppermadness.com. Our variation suggests using our DICK'S PERKY PICKLES to bring an extra kick to your sandwich. We also suggest checking out our spicy mustard selection to bring a variety of options!